Friday, November 04, 2005

Company buttheads and movie chatter

I am SO glad it's Friday. We had a company meeting today, and it was all set to go off without a hitch ... but some bitch had to throw a fit about there not being a vegetarian alternative on the lunch menu, and it put me in a nasty mood. She made a point of announcing to everyone that she doesn't eat meat or animal by-products ... but she had no problem shoveling cookies in her mouth. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but don't cookies contain eggs, butter, blah blah? And aren't those animal by-products? :-) ARGH. It's one thing to express disdain ... I get that, and I've been guilty of doing it myself on a number of occasions. But it's another thing entirely to be a nasty bitch and cause a scene because your very specific individual "needs" aren't met. She is officially on my "I just don't like her" list.

I've been reading some early reviews of Jarhead, the Sam Mendes-directed war flick that opens today. I've been looking forward to seeing it ... but most of the reviews are pretty middle-of-the-road. Critics don't seem to loathe it or love it. There's been some high praise for Jake Gyllenhaal, which makes me smile. He has something of a long face, but I think he's a cutie, anyway. hehe

Other movies I'm anxious to see this fall:
Brokeback Mountain
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Rent
Aeon Flux
Zathura
Walk the Line
Transamerica

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

You forgot to mention that you really want to see Jake's butt and/or penis in this movie, as you say there are a few nude scenes.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Tony said...

I hate bitches like that. Eat animals because they taste good and get off your high horse. If God didn't want us eating them, he wouldn't have made them so damn tasty.

As for the movies -

"Cause everything is Rent!"

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home