Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Things that make me smile:

  • The way Tolliver comes running into the kitchen like a kitten when he hears the food bag or can opener. It's adorable.
  • How Tony turns into a strong black woman when Missy Elliott comes on the radio. Bitch even has a dance. Pretty fly for a white guy.
  • The fact that Jessica calls decaf "pretend coffee."
  • Carie's infectious laugh.
  • The mental image of Meghan conversing with a trash heap.
  • Jill asking a several hundred pound rhino, in her baby voice, "why are you so cute?"
  • April's rapier wit and knowledge of all things afro-centric.
  • Alcohol.
  • The way music reaches in and grabs my soul. It is almost a religion to me ... there's nothing I believe in more, and nothing that gets to me quite as much. Don't get me wrong -- my relationship is fantastic and I adore my husband -- but that's a totally different thing, a very special connection. My relationship with music is transcendent. Music makes my heart beat. It makes my mind race. It soothes me. It is truly nectar of the gods.

That's enough silliness for now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have you know I'm stalking you now...


Daniel, that tall kid that bought you a drink to assist in the debauchery...

9:26 PM  
Blogger Jason C. said...

Stalk me all you want. :-)

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home