Tuesday, March 21, 2006

catch up

So I was felled last week by a killer bout of laryngitis-coupled-with-a-head-cold. It was NOT pretty ... nor was it fun. With that in mind ... the Idol recap isn't happening. It's too late now, anyway. I'll just throw my votes behind Mandisa and Chris (yummy) and let it go this week.

Saw V for Vendetta over the weekend. I enjoyed it. I was especially impressed with Natalie Portman. I've always liked her. Most people discovered her in The Professional. I didn't see that movie until years later. The first time I noticed Ms. Portman was in the vastly underrated Ted Demme gem Beautiful Girls. She was (and I sound like such a cheesy gay man right now) incandescent in that flick. All of 15 and captivating -- it's my favorite performance of hers. Anyway ... Vendetta was a bit all over the place, but I liked it. Interesting, for sure.

There was an older couple sitting behind us who really just about got bitch-slapped. They'd take turns sleeping ... and SNORING ... throughout the movie. I have a very very low tolerance for such bullshit, but when I first noticed the snoring serenade, I thought it might just be "me," and I was going to ignore it. Then I noticed Tony noticing it ... so I breathed a sigh of relief and thought to myself "This is why I'm starting to prefer to watch movies at home." A total of three different people complained to the manager, but it did no good. People suck.

Matty is doing well following his appendectomy.

I had a great job interview last week and am just waiting for some good news. Keep those fingers and toes crossed for me.

I hate James Blunt. And that Daniel Powter song makes me want to retch, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home