Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Again with the whacked out dreams!
First ... I dreamed that my friend Jill and I were walking up a huge, steep hill. One of us would falter, and the other would help, pushing and assisting, until we finally reached the summit. At the top, we danced a little with glee, having been successful in our journey. Almost magically, a stream appeared before us, rippling and rushing past, making that trickling noise only a stream can make. Jill became panicked, pointing to a large rock in the middle of the stream, and insisting that we had to clean the layers of algae and moss off it immediately. I tried to reassure her, telling her I'd be happy to help, but she was still manic. We rolled up our pant legs and waded in, and began removing the overgrowth with our hands. As soon as we'd clear the algae from a section of the rock, it would instantly grow back, and it wasn't long before we were both frustrated and frantic.

This one isn't too difficult to decipher, really. Jill's going through some major turmoil, I'm her confidante, and am very protective of her. The walk up the hill must signify the journey she's on, and I obviously see myself as being a part of that, somehow ... support, whatever. I've always been highly protective of her, so maybe that's it. I have heard that water signifies life, and dreaming of clear water is a good thing. It symbolizes being in tune with one's spirituality, life, wants, and needs. So maybe the clear water here means that she's making the right choice. The rock is obviously symbolic of cleaning the nastiness away -- making life cleaner and less polluted. I think it's a good dream.

The second dream actually woke me up. I was standing outside with a group of people (I'm pretty sure Tony was there, and Matt ... but I can't remember everyone), watching it rain. It was windy. We weren't outside the place we currently live ... it was a much more open area, lots of trees and flowers. Someone said they thought it was turning severe, and I laughed, taunting the sky to throw a tornado in the mix. My wish was granted. Suddenly, five funnel clouds dropped from the sky and danced across the landscape. We watched houses explode, get thrown around, crash into other buildings, and even watched some lucky ones miss the fury entirely. My group scattered, running either into their homes or homes of friends, doing what they could to avoid the unleashed force of nature. I just stood there, watching ... mesmerized. The tornado I was enamored by was all white and seemed very ... focused. It kept to a straight path and didn't do much damage to property or plant life. I felt the wind on my face and I smiled. And then I woke up with a start.

Think of THAT one what you will. I have 9412 ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home