Monday, April 03, 2006

Random stuff ... lots of nothing to chatter about ...

Sunday was my "friend" Anita's birthday. I haven't spoken to Anita in well over a year ... hell, it might be two years. I'm not sure what happened, but we just drifted apart. Yes, she lives in Denver, and that doesn't make it easier to stay in touch ... but I keep in touch with friends and family all over the country, so that's really no excuse. And I have to say - this one isn't my fault. I've tried and tried ... but Anita just doesn't seem interested in maintaining the friendship. It stings a little, because when we were kids, we were damn near inseparable. We were friends when no one else would be a friend to either of us. Jill, Anita, and I would spend 90% of our free time together, watching movies, hanging out, complaining about our horrid lives (or what we considered horrid at the age of 14). I was determined I wasn't going to call her cell phone and wish her happy birthday, regardless of what my gut was telling me to do, because dammit, she didn't acknowledge my birthday last year ... and I didn't even get a Christmas card from her, although I sent one to her address. So I struggled with it all day: Do I call or not? I decided not to ... and, when I was chatting with Jill while driving back from the grocery store late in the afternoon, she told me she had called Anita and left a message. Dammit! I knew she'd cave! But I was determined. Not going to do it -- no thank you. So of course, on my way to the theatre to collect Tony, I called. I left a singsong message, trying to sound breezy and unbothered. And I know I won't hear from her. But it did feel good to call.

So my iPod decided to freeze up and act like a petulant child last night. I tried everything to reset it, unfreeze it, power it down, and/or fix it ... but nothing worked. So I let it stay stuck overnight. The charge ran down, of course, so I thought I'd bring it to work and see what happened. Well, it's unfrozen ... but all my music is gone. So hopefully, it'll be as simple as connecting it to my computer when I get home so it can update itself. Sheesh. I've been lucky with the thing -- most people I know with iPods have had numerous problems, but this is the first issue I've had in the almost-year I've had it. Tony hates when I talk about it (for obvious reasons), but I really do fucking love the thing.

Watched "The Flavor of Love Reunion Special: After the Lovin'" last night ... and while it was quite enjoyable, it wasn't the ghetto trash spectacle I was so hoping it'd be. I do love me some New York and Goldie, so they were worth watching for, most assuredly. It was all obviously a big set-up for another season ... so boo to VH-1 for that, but really ... it was a big ratings hit for them, so who can blame them? They KNOW what time it is.

If I hear that damn James Blunt song one more time, I swear I'm going to cut someone.

I spent a bit of time this afternoon updating my DayPlanner. I'm such a geek about stuff like that, but it really made me feel good. It's fun. Does that make me weird?

I need to find time to watch the first few episodes of "so noTORIous," which I DVRed. I know I've spoken ill of Tori Spelling in the past (and really, who hasn't?), but she's actually gotten some fun reviews for this little vanity show. I still think she has deformed cleavage and a nose only a plastic surgeon could love, but I must give her snaps for being perfectly willing to poke fun at herself. Although I don't suppose her willingness to embararass herself should surprise me any. We are talking about the star of "Mother, May I Sleep With Danger?" here. Agreeing to a script with that dumb-ass title certainly took guts, so why not a mock-reality show? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home