Thursday, March 23, 2006

Some random bits of goodness:
  • Goodbye, "Chicken Little!" I'm so glad Kevin Covais is gone from American Idol. Buh-bye, Kev. Miss you already. Not.
  • My sister Julie finally sent me her recipe for Chicken with Rose sauce ... and I'm a happy boy. It's a tasty concoction that brings joy to all who consume it. I'll be making it next week.
  • It's come to my attention that no one is more self-righteous than a former sinner who has found his salvation in the Lord ... except perhaps for a former smoker who is now "smober." Yes, we all know smoking is bad for us. Give it a rest, and shut the fuck up already.
  • I've developed a small crush on one of the maintenance workers at the office. He's nothing spectacular, looks-wise, but he's definitely attractive ... and his sweet nature and boyish grin only make him moreso. Sigh. The triangle of furry goodness that protrudes above his undershirt doesn't hurt, either.
  • Have I told you lately that I love caffeine?
  • My sister-in-law, Kathy, is having a rough time following her latest chemo treatment. For some reason, I'm finding it difficult to make myself call her and chat. First of all, I don't want to tire her, because I know how exhausting the chemo experience is on its own. Secondly, and most disturbing to me, I'm tentatively terrified to hear her in a weakened state. For as long as I've known Kathy, she's been a powerhouse of feminine energy and stamina. I'm dumbfounded that this has happened to her ... and I just don't know how I'll handle this, emotionally. And how fair is it to her for me to fall apart, you know? So I've been sending cards on a regular basis ... even though I feel more and more ashamed of myself with each envelope I seal ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home