Monday, November 10, 2008

Oh I've been away ...

... and it's really unforgivable. But, shit happens ... and it sure has happened to me over the last few months. Nothing has killed me, obviously, but damn have I been tested. But, like Doris Mann, I'm Still Here. So ... onward.



I'm thrilled with the election results. How could I not be? I really didn't think I'd live to see the day, but it's fantastic to be wrong. Change has come, sure, but not for everyone. Still. Prop 8 passed in California. Gay marriage was effectively banned in Florida and Arizona. So ... two steps forward, one back. But I'm Still Here.



My parents have struggled with some major health issues, on and off, for the past two years. Dad has been especially tested of late. Their tenacity is inspiring, their drive determined and robust. Even though I hear the tinges of melancholy and fatigue in their voices, they're putting on a brave front. I continue to be thankful for each moment with them, and call at least once a day. It's a shame that it takes something so inevitable as aging to make me actually cherish them. If for nothing else than being lucky enough to be their son, I'm beyond fortunate.



I have tons of stuff to catch up on, blog wise. I'll do my best over the next few days. As a parting gift for now ... here's Shirl.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that scene. :)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home