Tuesday, November 29, 2005

ho-hum

I think I'm about to give up trying to "help" my best friend. As I believe I've documented before, she's been going through some rather heinous marital strife, and it just continued to escalate during the recent holiday. She sounds so world weary and exhausted when we talk. And, I could be wrong (but I know her pretty well, so I'm guessing I'm right), but I think I detected a bit of bitterness in her voice when we were chatting about the state of things this afternoon. I don't think she thinks I'm meddling ... quite the contrary, considering that she calls me and asks me advice all the time ... but I think she's just getting tired of talking about it. It's my guess that she knows where this whole mess is inevitably heading ... but she's too afraid to face it. There's nothing I can say or do to make it "better" for her ... and I feel like a broken record. So, as of today, I'm done. I won't bring it up again -- washing my hands of it and offering it up to Buddha or Allah or Aphrodite or whomever. For now, anyway. :-)

Had my bi-monthly check-up today, and apart from a tiny little inflammation, my doctor continues to tell me I'm one of his biggest success stories. That makes me feel really good ... and makes dealing with this temporary thing a bit easier. I'm pretty adaptable when it comes to these sorts of things, anyway. I tend to go with the flow ... see what happens ... where the day takes me. All that nonsense. I feel really good lately. I'll keep knocking on wood each time I say that, however.

My roomie just screeched at me to come upstairs and watch a clip from "The Daily Show." Apparently, on Black Friday, there was a stampede at a Wal-Mart store when the doors were opened ... and some poor woman was knocked down so hard that her
wig flew off her head. You know it wasn't even an Eva Gabor wig.

I really want to decorate the front of the condo for Christmas. Matt doesn't seem to care one way or the other, but I know Tony really wants to ... and so do I. It doesn't look like we'll be having a tree this year (cue the "Awwwwwwwws") so some festive lights out front and maybe a wreath will do wonders for my mood. I love Christmas. I can be such a kid at this time of year. I can be a big kid most of the time, actually ... but Christmas makes me feel like Ralphie Parker. I don't give a damn if I'll shoot my eye out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home