Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Sometimes...

It's been an interesting half week, so far. I'm suffering from a general malaise that is really getting old. I need to snap myself out of it. We're supposed to hit the bar tonight, so perhaps that will help. I am lethargic and just plain "blah." It isn't that I don't feel thankful for the good things in my life ... I do ... it's just a weird, nagging sense of "harumph." It will pass. All weirdness does, with me.

In keeping with the spirit of tomorrow's holiday ... here are some things for which I'm quite thankful:
  1. Tony.
  2. My Mom seems to be feeling better, and her medicine seems to be helping...
  3. I see a light at the end of the financially crazy tunnel we've been in for a couple months...
  4. I still tear up at the beauty of a good song...
  5. Tony's onstage again! (Well, he will be soon ... go see it, won't you?)
  6. I have some pretty rockin' friends. They're more than that, really -- they're my family. So a big "I love you" to Jill, Angela, April, Jessica, Shelly, Philly, Matty, Tony-O, Mike, Bryan, David, and anyone else I might be too stupid to remember.
  7. I don't love my job, but the pay is good enough that I'm feeling a bit more comfortable where money is concerned.
  8. Reconnecting with friends from yesteryear.
  9. My silly kitty.
  10. When poetry comes to me in a rush ... that's an amazing thing.

I'm also thankful for morning coffee, pretty snow, diet soda, Aveeno hand lotion, citrus-flavored mouthwash, Uncle Ben's Ready Rice, Jolly Rancher candy, new comic book day, iTunes, fresh fruit, big belly laughs, Margaret Cho, Post-It notes, chamomile tea, Dolby Digital sound, Cleo the Sutherland Place kitty, oversized paper clips, green traffic lights, Patty Griffin, and being able to try new recipes at home.

Some of my siblings are upset that we're not venturing to the happy hamlet of Chesterfield for Thanksgiving, but I couldn't care less. It's not like ANY of them have made the treacherous one hour drive to visit ME in Indianapolis. Not. One. In fact, I don't believe any of my "local" siblings have ever been to one of my residences since I've lived in the Circle City. I've lived here since 1993. Hello! Perhaps it's because I'm the baby of the family, but I'm always expected to be the one to make the trips, the sacrifices, and the time for everyone else in the family. Over it.

Anyway ... rambling mode off. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home