Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I get a little warm in my heart when I think of winter...

I was sitting on the porch this evening, having a cigarette (yes, I know they're bad for me -- New Year's resolution and all, so lighten up), when it hit me: I really kinda dig winter. I know, I know ... it's cold, the snow and ice can be nasty and hazardous, it's cold, and the wind can cut right through you worse than a bitter queen's fashion commentary at the gay bar, but I can't help it. I've always sorta-kinda liked the cold. And when I was done smoking, I took a couple really deep breaths, soaked in the crisp air ... and it just felt clean. Brisk. I hesitate to use the word "peaceful," because it doesn't really seem to apply to the sensation I felt ... but that's the best I can come up with. I was calmed and soothed and comforted by the wintry breeze. Am I a freak? Maybe. But I don't care.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Didn't you say you were going to quite smoking last year? :-)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Jason C. said...

Bitch -- yes, I did. It's my New Year's resolution this year. Bite me.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home