Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Quick thoughts

Happy Tuesday.
The weekend was nice ... Tony's show opened and was a big hit with audiences. That makes me happy. It's a big, silly, fun piece of holiday cheer ... and he's a freakin' riot, especially as the Grinch and the Crocodile Hunter. It was a true pleasure to see him on stage again, and I hope it's the beginning of a new trend.
And it was just fantastic to see my dear friend Jessie Mae and her handsome husband. We don't see each other nearly enough, and it was comforting to find her the same sweet, funny, and charming lass I met all those years ago. She and Jeff complement each other so well ... and they're obviously still very much in love. Yay!
My friend Tony (yes, another Tony) and his wife Dawn were there as well ... but managed to sneak out after the show, so I didn't get to chat with them much. Curses!
We went out with our friends Adam and Angela afterward, and again, fun was had by all. Ang felt the warmth of a few Stoli and cranberry cocktails and ended up planting wet ones on both me and Tony ... and I couldn't help but giggle. She also got a bit frisky with our cute new friend (yet another Tony) from Muncie. Ang is such a great friend ... and I had a blast playing "three favorite songs by this band" with her. Good times.
Did some shopping and had some dinner on Sunday. Of course, the Chinese restaurant where we ate failed to mention that mushrooms were an ingredient in its beef with broccoli dinner, so when the smiling server brought it out just littered with nasty shrooms, I had to send it back. And in true Jason fashion, I think some "remnants" of fungi were present in the replacement dish, because I ended up getting that tell-tale scratch and swell in the throat ... and felt pretty crappy for about two or three hours after eating. Thank God for allergy meds.

Things that make me happy today:
  • Starbucks chocolate-mint doughnuts
  • Tony (whether the bitch believes me or not - hehe)
  • The thought of Christmas shopping tonight -- and hopefully getting a lot of it finished
  • The Christmas music swirling through my iPod
  • My desk fan (hot flashes? me?)
  • Watching the stack of "to do" stuff slowly (and I mean slowly) dwindle on my desk
  • Tomorrow is new comic book day
  • Did I mention Christmas shopping?
  • Dan Renzi's blog (Dan was the funny guy from one of the Real World seasons on MTV -- his blog is a freakin' riot most days, and I always have fun reading it)

More later. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home