Monday, February 06, 2006

Are you in, or out?

I have officially become addicted to Project Runway on Bravo. My friend April has been after me for months to watch the show, but I kept putting it off ... primarily because I didn't want to end up addicted to another freakin' reality show. American Idol, love it though I do, is enough. Or so I thought ...

Matt and I were flipping channels the other night, and we caught the last 40 minutes of the then-current episode. Heidi Klum, still pregnant with Seal's baby when the show was taped, looked absolutely stunning. It's a cliche to say pregnant women glow, but Heidi ... Heidi wasn't just glowing. She was shimmering. She really took my breath away. I've never really given much thought to her one way or another, but wow. Knockout gorgeous. And, judging from the show, a sweet and genuine person. Snaps to her. But I digress...

I love the different attitudes each designer displays with pride. I love watching them create their "fashions." I love hearing them bicker amongst themselves, then make up, then bicker some more. I love the snooty but fun gentleman who informs them what their project is, when the judges are ready for them, and all the other incidental things. I especially love it when they get snippy about their creations. To hell with a woman scorned -- hell hath no fury like a fashion designer on a tirade, gurl. I love the bitchy comments of the judges -- except for last season's winner, Jay. That bitch gives me a rash in the worst possible way. And she's apparently going to have her own show, Project Jay. I've got a little project for you, Jay: DISAPPEAR FROM TELEVISION FOREVER.

I think Daniel V. is going to win. I also think he's probably the most talented of the bunch. I didn't really care for his Audrey Hepburn-esque orchid dress, but it was put together beautifully and the model "worked it" flawlessly. His stuff does look like he considers what a woman's body is like ... and how his creations will look on a real body. Nick is my personal favorite ... but that's just because I think he's thisclose to being cute. I think Chloe is talented, Santino is a mess, and Kara is just ... ugh. I just don't like her. She did design a very pretty "garden party" dress, but something about her makes my ass itch.

So now I have to wait for a marathon of the episodes I missed ... and I'm already looking forward to it. Damn. Another reality show!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes... it's best to walk away from it. I found myself watching 2-3 shows last week before LOST was coming on... In the middle of the second one I thought, "why the F am I watching this?" So, I stopped, turned it off and got dinner until LOST. I then turned on the TV to find LOST was a repeat, for a second I thought, "I could watch more of the show" but, quickly went upstairs to look at stuff on the net. LOL ;) WALK AWAY JASON WALK AWAY!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home