Friday, May 19, 2006

My hubby is getting a cold. Ugh. Poor guy. He's had a rough week. I hope the stuff he bought at CVS helps him conquer this before it really gets started.

I had a really weird dream last night about a long-ago ex, and I'm still pretty disturbed by the whole thing. He just showed up at my door, had a long conversation with Tony, and stared at me. I kept asking "What?" and he continued to stare at me. He never spoke ... and his gaze never faltered. And for some reason, it was totally creepy.

Will & Grace signed off last night, after eight seasons. I think the show ran maybe three seasons too long ... but in its heydey, it was really smart and funny. Some truly classic television moments abounded, and I'm especially fond of season two. I hope all the cast members go on to continued success ... especially Debra Messing. I think she's really the unsung heroine of the show. She's hysterically funny ... always a joy to watch. A modern day Lucy, in her own way.

I have a couple friends who, to borrow from Celeste Holm in All About Eve, tend to think of themselves as "one of the world's neediest cases." How does one gently inform said friends that the constant "woe-is-me" attitude is probably a big part of why they always feel so freakin' woe-is-me? I know depression sucks ... depression and I know each other intimately ... but my GOD! I truly care for these people and would love to help them feel better, but I'm not sure how to approach the subject without coming off as a huge bitch. Of course, I pretty much am a huge bitch, so nothing I say or do is probably out of character...

I'm very excited about our upcoming Chicago sojourn, but I wish my freakin' health stuff would iron itself out ASAP. It's exhausting. When I get frustrated like this, I tend to go back to my "it's better than the alternative" mantra, considering everything my poor body has been through. But it doesn't just affect me ... it affects Tony, which makes me feel even worse. I hate that it seems to be a lingering issue. There's great hope on the horizon, though ... some stuff will happen after Chicago that should bring about the cessation of this crap. Fingers and toes firmly crossed!

I need some book recommendations. Anyone?

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

long time lurker - first time commenter. :)
the best books i've read lately are:
memoirs of a geisha
if i live to be 100
and
ernest hemingway's a farewell to arms

have a fab trip!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home