Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Narnia

Tony and I watched The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe last night. I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than I thought I was going to, that's for sure. The Christian symbolism was all there, but for some reason, it didn't grate on my nerves very much. Maybe I'm just feeling more spiritual lately, I don't know -- but I found myself smiling at each symbolic scene, quietly praising the filmmakers for being so surreptitious about their execution. I thought the movie was very fun. The kids were a hoot, I loved the beavers (no comments, please), and the witch was creepy as all get-out.

It made me wish I had a magic wardrobe (or something) to walk through and leave this dreary place behind. I'd go in a second. And I'd never look back.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Yo, stop at the deli, the theatres over priced"
"ya got the backpack?"
"gonna pack it up nice"
"don't want security to get suspicious"
"mister pibb and red vies equals crazy delicious"

"now quiet in the theater or it's gonna get tragic"
"we 'bout to be takin' to a dream world of magic"
"pass the chronic WHAT cles of Narnia"

That will forever be associated with that movie in my head now.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Tony McDonald said...

Okay... you don't REALLY need a magic wardrobe, just a sense of adventure. So, let's open the door to our imaginary wardrobe and see where it leads...

10:29 AM  
Blogger Tony McDonald said...

Okay... you don't REALLY need a magic wardrobe, just a sense of adventure. So, let's open the door to our imaginary wardrobe and see where it leads...

10:30 AM  
Blogger Tony McDonald said...

You don't REALLY need a magic wardrobe, just a sense of adventure. So, let's open the doors to our imaginary wardrobe and see where it leads us...

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home