Tuesday, May 23, 2006

So I had a crazy plane crash dream last night.
I'm not sure where I was flying from, but it was obvious that I was flying to California. The pilot mentioned LAX a few times ... I just emptied another small bottle of Bacardi into my tepid Coke and waited for something to happen. I was talking to the person seated next to me ... very animated, very in the moment ... but I have no idea who that person was. That bothers me, but try as I might, I can't picture his or her face. When the first wave of turbulence hit, there were lots of screams as passengers were tossed around the plane like rag dolls. I remained seated, drinking my cocktail, and I closed my eyes. I heard a tearing sound, but I still didn't move. I felt air rush past my face and the drink fly from my hand ... but I still didn't move. I bowed my head and started humming "Amazing Grace." The plane slammed into a body of water, and I felt the liquid swirl around me. It was only then that I opened my eyes ...
Of course, that was also when the alarm went off, and I was dragged into reality.
So strange. One online dream dictionary I consulted says that a plane crash symbolizes unrealistic goals. I don't buy that. I don't think I'm unrealistic at all ... overwhelmed by unavoidable decisions, maybe ... but unrealistic? Not so much. I know I'm talented, I know I'm good at what I do, and I know I can and will succeed when I finally put my mind and efforts toward that desired success. Maybe I'm just thinking too much about Lost... :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home