Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Bear Pride

Wow -- I freakin' love Chicago. I really do.
Bear Pride was a fun time, indeed. Apart from a couple hiccups with a potential bedmate, I had a pretty fantastic time. How could I not? Chicago is amazing.

Friday night was fun ... meeting up with Jason G. and hanging out before the dance party was a lot of fun. We ate at Noodles in the Pot when we first arrived, and that set the stage for the rest of the night ... great food usually brings about great times. At least for me. Tony had a fab time Friday night as well, with two conquests and a host of extracurricular activities. Woo hoo!

Saturday --- more hanging out, walking around the fantastic city, eating great food, and preparing for the night's events. The one "conquest" I was looking the most forward to never did pan out ... and the story is way too convoluted to get into ... but, suffice to say, I skulked back to the hotel around Midnight and ended up meeting a lovely young man from San Francisco. Of Spanish descent, his skin was beautiful, he was nicely sculpted, and we enjoyed each other's company for quite some time that evening. Just what I needed.

Driving back Sunday was on the verge of becoming a nightmare, as a mythical wailing banshee inhabited Matt and a totally surreal screamfest nearly wrecked the entire day. I think all parties involved realized the necessity of "letting it go" for the time being ... but I must admit, it will be interesting to see how it sours the remaining time we have as roommates. T and I were still a bit shell-shocked, so we went to the 501 for some chat and some winding down. Our pal David was there, and it was nice to catch up with him and watch the men. I just wish that hottie Randy would either put up or shut up. His shy routine is wearing thin. And after the weekend, I am no longer tolerant of that "is-you-is or is-you-ain't" kinda stuff. But the rum helped. It always does.

Spent the holiday doing absolutely nothing ... and it was just what the doctor ordered. We slept late, watched movies and TV, and just relaxed after the weekend. It was very nice. And I really really do just enjoy hanging out with the hubby. So comfortable. So real. So us.

Now I'm back in Hell and doing the best I can to scour the Internet and all relevant publications for employment in the Windy City. Yeah. It just makes sense. If T can work through the stage managing thing, and we squirrel away the right amount, I totally see us in Chicago next Spring. And I bet we'll open one of the best chapters in our lives there...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home